Thursday, April 21, 2005

My Favorite Radio Station is Gone!!!

You may know that I DJ at KWVA-FM U of O radio but my fave station was one that I listened to while I worked-namely 910 AM KOTK Portland-Talk Radio for Guys. They had the Rick Emerson Show, kind of Portland's version of the Stern show;The Don and Mike show, a syndicated show of a coupla very funny guys from DC; and the Tom Leykis Show, a guy who many considered to be Howard Stern's succesor when he moves to Sirius.
Well today at 2 PM Max 910 went dead and was relaced by the most boring oldies radio format programmed and executed by Robots. No more live DJ's. Here's THEIR story:

"We wanted to let everyone know that at 2pm today 97.1 KISN FM was moved to its new home at 910 AM replacing MAX 910.
AM910 was actually KISN’s original dial position way back when, so it’s more like coming home for KISN. With the advent of high definition (digital) Radio on the horizon and a marked improvement in AM quality, music formats on the AM dial will become prevalent again. Unfortunately, we say goodbye to MAX910 and the many terrific talk radio talent that made it special: Don Imus, Rick Emerson, Don & Mike, Tom Leykis, Phil Hendrie and more. MAX910 has been a great ride and no doubt these very entertaining personalities will be back on the radio in Portland again soon."

This TOTALLY SUCKS and if this trend continues radio as we know it will DIE. I feel like I lost a friend. I called and complained but I know it does no good.
RIP MAX 910

1 comment:

Illusionaire said...

I'm really bummed about it, too. Apparently there was a great get-together to mourn the show last night at Kelly's Olympian.