Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Eugene Weekly Awards

The Best of Eugene Awards are given out every year around October to the Best Restaurants, Museums, Record Stores,Bands,Political figures, AND Radio shows. Last Saturday night at the McDonald Theatre I picked up BOTH radio awards: Best Local Radio Personality and Best Local Radio Show.
I was able to get more votes from the readers of the Weekly and Listeners of my show than the local NPR station, the Local Clear Channel stations, and other KWVA and KRVM DJ's.
This happened because of my On-the-air and On-the-internet appeal to my listeners and fans that it was very crucial that CORPORATE RADIO NOT win like they did last year.
I know that my show, The Sunday Morning Hangover,is not everyone's cup of tea. BUT I like to think that it represents the spirit of Free Form radio and a departure from the IPOD radio and the Robot Run formats that have turned 2005 radio into the Boring piece of shit that it is.
THIS is why I am so grateful and so excited that you all have voted for the Hangover.
Once Again, THANK YOU.

No comments: