Saturday, May 17, 2008

More Email from Listeners



thanks for your jungle-themed program today, one of my favorites in a while. i love the old exotica, bird calls, tiki music, not to mention thurston howell III/mr. magoo doing a caveman song.
-j

Hey Rev,
Have an awesome show tomorrow! I smell a mother's day theme. I don't know if I told you, but I found "I touch myself" on itunes. I love the look on my girlfriend's face when she hears it. Priceless. Anywho, I'm looking forward to another hangover! Laters.
-Danny

Here's the story.
I'm in a group called Team Chardonnay. We've been meeting every Saturday night for two years to drink wine.
Members of our team are also employees of the Eugene Hotel kitchen staff, and are great fans of your radio program. In after, this little meeting is responsible for us being hung-over while we listen to your show.
-cheers, Brian (the deck swabber)

RE: Kinder and Gentler
nope dont change at all......we like you real, jaded and witty
unclesneakyfun


marc, i just got to say that i used to do a radio show at kwva back in 1995-1996, and on my best days maybe i approached what is an average show for you. i never listen to the radio but i do make it a point to tune in your show as it never fails to entertain and make me laugh, and is always unpredictable. i seem to always hear something that makes me think, "i gotta find that!". were you doing shows back in the 90's? if so, i probably saw you either at the station or at house of records where i worked around the same time. i'm guessing you were also a fan of the 365 days project that had a blog of audio oddities in mp3 format. i created several discs of those recordings. anyway, sorry for the lengthy fan letter, and keep up the good work.
bill
ps on your most recent show when i attempted to listen to the little french girl sing from 1860 my son started screaming, "I DON'T LIKE THIS SOUND!!!!!".

HI MARC.
THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT PROGRAM. WHAT WAS THAT "THREE SUNS" TUNE YOU WERE PLAYING AT THE END OF YOUR LAST PROGRAM ON 3/30? IS MUCH OF THEIR STUFF AVAILABLE ON CD THESE DAYS? THANKS.
-JEFF

Mr T:
I've been missing your shows. I've got some sleeping issues and whatnots. I will try to get it together this weakend. I've listened to some of your back issues. Very Keen Sir !
You play the drums ! (the true leader of any band)
Best of wishes,
cja

No comments: