Thursday, August 20, 2009
I Need Your Vote!
TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR “THE SUNDAY MORNING HANGOVER” AS THE BEST RADIO SHOW ON EUGENE WEEKLY’S BEST OF EUGENE BALLOT 2009 Vote At www.bestofeugene.com
This week the Eugene Weekly has the official ballot for the best of Eugene reader’s poll. And every year some corporate commercial radio show wins best radio show. So this year instead of voting for corporate radio, vote for an alternative: the Willamette Valley Alternative – KWVA’s “The Sunday Morning Hangover” represents that free form alternative.
1) “The Sunday Morning Hangover” has been entertaining Eugene for 7 years, playing songs from 1910 to 2010, and supporting “outside” music and art.
2) In the space of two hours on Sunday mornings I cover musical genres such as Exotica, Lounge, International, Found Music, Stupid Songs, Bizarre Children’s Music, Jazz, Rock, Country, Folk, Classical, Nostalgia and Comedy while trying to maintain a palatable mix entertaining enough to listen to even with a Hangover.
3) I have produced and aired Biographic Specials about artists such as Martin Denny, Ray Charles, The Bonzo Dog Band, Brian Eno, the Cackle Sisters, Yma Sumac, Joe Meek, Peggy Lee, Henry Mancini, William Shatner, The Kinks, The Beach Boys and Pink Floyd.
4) Special segments include musical explorations of Bossa Nova, Stolen Melodies, Whistling Recordings, Song Poems, Doo Wop, Vintage 78’s, Yodeling, Eefin’ and Bird Records.
5) The Hangover is not just about music. Talk and discussion segments have included info on the Arts, Hangover Cures, Entertainment News, Obits, Tributes, UFO’s, Horoscopes, Political Comment, Weird News, Stupid recordings and Pet Parades.
6) Past shows have featured Rare and Unreleased tracks not commercially available and unheard on other radio shows.
7) My show has featured many female artists. Guests include: Whitney from Cotton Jones, Simone White, Laurie Biagini, Margo Guryan, Anna Ternheim, Sassy O, Mood Area 52, Whiskey Spots, Honey Vizer, Yard Sale and Gloria Balsam to name a few.
8) Topical Specials have entertained and informed you about Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Chicken Day and Labor Day.
9) All of this is accomplished free of charge on a strictly volunteer basis with no benefits to me other than working for the best non-commercial radio station in Eugene.
10) If you vote for “The Sunday Morning Hangover” as Best Eugene radio show, I will let the guys from “The Donkey Show” accept the award.
Reverend Marc Time
The Sunday Morning Hangover
KWVA 88.1 Eugene