Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My Pal Nervo

The pic below is of my longtime friend Gary Mollica aka Nervo-we used to hang out in Milford Connecticit in the early 70's and he would join me on my radio show "Syncopated Pandemonium" on WSHU-FM Fairfield CT-he would guest sometimes while I played Roxy Music, Hawkwind, Soft Machine, early Genesis, Pink Floyd, Pink Fairies, Big Star and many other early 70's legends.
He moved to Cleveland to WRUW and had his own show and was VERY active in the early CLE punk scene with bands like Pere Ubu, The Pagans DEVO and many others. This was while I was moving to Berkeley CA to work at Rather Ripped Records, Rasputins, and other record stores.
Later he moved out to Berkeley and joined the Jars and later The Art Faggots and much later Bo, and we ran Universal Records,and played music together till he moved to Pasadena and I moved to OR.
I have many stories of our adventures together and perhaps later I can remember some of them here.

No comments: