Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Why I was Terminated at KALX in 1977

I had a pretty good radio show in Berkeley in 1977-I was the first to play Anarchy by the Sex Pistols, interview the Nuns, John Cale, The Ramones and other punk bands, and if you click on the playlist below you'll see that I played the Damned the Dead Boys, Iggy and the Dolls when practically no one else was playing them in the Bay Area. Actually this playlist is later on cuz I was doing my show at KALX from 1975-1977.
Then some smart ass program director decided I played too much punk rock-(see the notes scribbled after the word'Diversity'). They offereed me a 3 oclock in the morning shift so I told them to shove it.
My next radio job was here in Eugene on KWVA-88.1-FM in 2003-Thanks to all of you for supporting the Sunday Morning Hangover.

No comments: