Thursday, November 10, 2005

Great Post over at Entroporium:


From Ben, posted over there at Entroporium:
http://www.entroporium.com/
"OK, this has to be one of my strangest guess-what-I-saw-on-the-internets-today experiences ever. Aside from the heavy heavy flashback of seeing the Universal Records folks(are they in front of the old store at Dwight, or was it even called Universal when it was down there?), I swear you look exactly like me at that time and place. Like if you showed me that picture I would say it was me and I didn't remember it being taken. Are you me? Is that why we've never been photographed together?
Anyway, it's great to hear about MT's current gig. When I was in seventh grade, like in 1978, I used to think he was such a rock star. I used to see him waiting for the 7 at Center and Shattuck on his way up to Rather Ripped and just think it was so cool; or see him at like No Sisters or Readymades or Eye Protection shows and be like wow! Those Rather Ripped/Universal people seemed uberhip to me. After that, I worked for a while with Nervo and Mike and Ray Ferrell at Down Home, so they lost a little of their lustre, but not so much."-Ben
Ben- Do I know you? Great comment, makes me feel more important than I am. Universal was between Durant and Bancroft on Telegraph almost next to the Rasputins used store.You may be thinking of Ron's first store run by Nervo at Dwight and Telegraph called The Music Faucet.
I first worked at the Wherehouse in Oakland in 76, Rasputins 77-78, Rather Ripped 78-79, and Universal 79-81.The stories I could tell !

No comments: