Sunday, December 31, 2006
20) The Scala Belgian Children's Chorus-"I Touch Myself"
Back again due to numerous requests.
19) Pastor John Rydgren-"Rinky Dink"
A catchy little number based on a song by Booker T and the MG's.
18) Frank Sinatra- "Monkey Gone To Heaven"
Actually a Frankie Black wannabee.
17) Joann Castle-"Tico Tico"
In honor of the Tico Tico marathon I ripped off from WFMU.
16) Fred Lane- "The French Toast Man"
Easily the grossest song of the year.
15) Buzz Martin-"That's When Something Breaks Down"
Local Logger cuts wood and many LP's
14) Judy Carne-"Sock It To Me!"
Another sexy oldie-it always generates a phone call from a listener.
13) The Foursome-"When That Midnight Choo Choo Leaves For Alabam"
I always loved songs with train whistles.
The German Vocal version which actually sounds obscene.
11) Joe Perkins/Jimmie Riddle-"Little Eephin' Annie"
My favorite eephin song.
10) Connie Chung-"Thanks For the Memories"
She sang this on her final TV show this year draped over a piano. Poor Maury.
9) Jim of Seattle-"Welcome to Windows"
All of your computer's noises are transformed into a symphony.
8) George Bush/Harry Shearer-"Hard Work"
To remind us how hard it is to kill thousands of innocent men women and children.
7) Julie Andrews-"The Lonely Goatherd"
Better than Gwen Stefani's recent hit that ripped this song off.
6) Barracuda-"Put Your Ass Up In The Air"
Infectious and fragrant euro-disco.
5) The Ovulators-"Satellite of Love"
Hit from local girls' excellent debut CD.
4) Gnarls Barkley-"Crazy"
I wish all of this year's top 40 were this good.
3) John Denver-"Annie's Song"(Censored)
Courtesy of the mad geniuses at WFMU-FM-what happens when censorship runs amok.
2) Bank Of America -"One Card"
Two middle-aged managers destroy the U2 song and use it to promote B of A.
1) Neil Young- "Let's Impeach the President"
Song of the Year-Should have been a hit single.
Happy New Year!
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Of Course Sunday at 10 AM on KWVA 88.1 FM I'll be hosting my 4th annual Top 20 Songs of the Year with guest host Casey Kasim. And on Monday at10 AM New Years Day when you are REALLY hungover,a 2 hour Monday Morning Hangover with songs about drinking.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Yes This Sunday Morning at 10 AM before Santa gets on his sleigh he will be in the studio of Marc Time's Sunday Morning Hangover,spinning cheesy Christmas records and asking you what you want under your tree. Give him a call at (541)346-0645 and tell him what you want for Christmas and he'll read it on the air so that your friends and family know.
Listen on the net: http://www.kwvaradio.org/
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Highlights of my trip to Florida:
-Seeing my 89 year old Dad, his wife, my 2 Brothers, my sister-in-law,cousins. and my niece.
-Watching the Space Shuttle take off from my Dad's back yard.
-Playing Pool, Playing IN the Pool,shopping and hanging out.
-Getting Drunk with my sister-in-law while the family looked on with disgust.
-Recording my Dad talking about growing up in the early part of the 20th century.
-Watching Pirates 2 and My Super Ex Girlfiend on the 6 hour flight to Seattle.
-Getting bounced around in the prop jet on the way back to Eugene while high winds blew around us.
-Breaking my eyeglasses in two while cleaning them and having to scramble to replace them.
-Buying seashells and trinkets in the Indian Trading post.
This Sunday's Hangover will feature freshh garbage from the Leesburg thrift stores.