Wednesday, December 29, 2004
Since I drive for a living and I prefer to have a few drinks when I party I cannot party downtown and then drive home without running interference with all of the cops on 99 waiting to bust the first driver who forgets to use a turn signal. You see if I get pulled over and I have booze on my breath I will have to go the 9 yards and do a booze or drug test. If I flunk it means losing my day job and my livelyhood.
Hence when I party I do it at home where I can drink as cheaply and recklessly as I want to without worrying about driving home.
How do all the clubs and bars stay in business with all of these cops flying like vultures waiting for their next meal? I dunno and I don't want to find out the hard way.
Another thing is that I get up pretty early just to drive 300+ miles a day and I need a solid 8 hours of sleep to do that. So please understand that I don't want to wait up till 11PM to see your band.
I'm an old fart just trying to stay alive.
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
1) I am on my Third screwdriver.
2) My furnace at home is having a nervous breakdown.
3) Right now I am babysitting Rachel's dog for free.
4) I have had a cold for a week and a half that is finally starting to break up.
5) Sunday's radio show will be a very SERIOUS show because my last 3 shows have been extremely silly.
6) 3 more days till Bob, my arch rival at work , retires.
7) Tonite I had Popcorn for dinner.
8) Does anybody need a Cat?
9) My first Xmas without a tree(yay!).
10) My new years resolution is to have more friends. I still feel lonely.
Well that's it! hope yer satisfied Mr. Random.
Sunday, December 26, 2004
20) Wing –Yesterday Once More
19) Heino -Carnaval in Rio
18) Arnold Schwartzenegger- Arnold Uber Alles
17) Fred Langer-You’re the Sweetest Little Fetus
16) The 5 6 7 8’s- Woo Hoo
15) Clark Gardestig-Wild Thing
14) Dex Dubious-Bubbles in the Wine
13) Steve Lawrence/ECC- What’s New Pussy?
12) Jimmy Castor Bunch- Cave Man
11) Rush Limbaugh-Don’t Smoke Prescription Drugs
10) William Hung- I Believe
9) G.W. Bush-Imagine/Walk on the Wild Side
8) The Prisoner-Yellow and Orange Alert
7) Tammy Grimes- Gashly Crumb Times
6) Howard Dean-Rocky Theme
5) Scala Belgian Children’s Chorus- I Touch Myself
4) Dan Rather/ECC- Rocked by Rape
3) Margot Kidder- Can You Read My Mind?
2) William Shatner –Common People
1) Red Peters- I Can’t Say These Things
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
They just posted 3 cool Claudine Longet tracks
They also posted 2 cool Keren Ann tracks
DJ Sleeve of KWVA will be guest blogger next week.
I have always loved Claudine Longet, even tho she killed her Olympic Gold Skier boyfriend. Next time you see anything by her in the Goodwill $1 bin grab it!
Monday, December 20, 2004
Sunday, December 19, 2004
Saturday, December 18, 2004
Also we have Masita, a female spayed 3 year old domestic medium haired manx that was dumped in our neighborhood this fall. Both cats are in great shape and are available for a small donation .If you can help please contact me here or on my email firstname.lastname@example.org.Pictures to follow-
"Lest We Forget" was originally compiled and released by Aaron Elliot of the acclaimed fanzine Cometbus (and drummer for Crimpshrine and Pinhead Gunpowder) in 1991 to document the Berkeley punk scene of the 80's. I don't want to be accused of wild exaggeration by saying the music here is exactly essential (although there's some great stuff here) but it is absolutely essential to appreciate the why, who, and how of what was being created at the time. Their output has had a significant impact on today's music. You can connect the influential dots from this tape to Maximum Rock'n'Roll to Operation Ivy to Green Day to whatever indie/punk act you're listening to right now.
Close to 90 minutes of music are presented here as two rather large MP3 files. Instead of splitting each band's track(s) for individual download, this approach is an effort to preserve the original intent of compilation tape curators - listen to side one in its entirety, flip it, hit play and listen to all of side two. Also, it would have been an incredible amount of work to make separate files for each song and I'm incredibly lazy. Complete liner notes are included too. Enjoy.
Thursday, December 16, 2004
Don't Be a Victim!
With the number of goat traumas increasing every year, it has become necessary to take measures to protect yourself. With this in mind, the Childhood Goat Trauma Foundation has put together this list of advice.
- Avoid petting zoos. The majority of goat traumas occurring each year take place at petting zoos.
- Stay alert. Goats are deceitful and can hide just about anywhere.
- Stay in civilized areas. While there have been reports of roaming urban goats, most attacks by loose goats take place in less populated areas.
- Be suspicious of all farm animals. While other animals such as sheep, cows and horses are not by any means the violent creatures that goats are, goats frequently lurk within a herd, waiting to take advantage of peoples' trust in such animals.
- There have been some reports of goats avoiding the presence of certain breeds of dogs, but the Foundation has yet to test this theory.
- If you must be in an area where goats are present, stay away from the younger goats. Older goats can be slower, allowing you more time to escape.
- Wearing earth tones in goat-infested areas may offer some protection from goat attack, due their camoflaging abilities.
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
But you aren't reading this anyway.
Anyhow this Sunday I will be featuring on the Hangover the WORST christmas songs you never heard.
Then Friday(Xmas eve) at 8 AM I will play 2 hours of new wave punk and rock Xmas songs. Saturday Night Christmas night I will be featuing the Beatles Christmas recordings.
Hope you will be there!
Friday, December 10, 2004
Thursday, December 09, 2004
Saturday, December 04, 2004
Just give me a day or two off to have some quiet time with my wife, a little wine some food and one gift exchange thank you.
Bah Humbug is right.
Thursday, December 02, 2004
Hooray for Honey Vizer and her litany of libidinal pleasures to be had at the Eugene Public Library (11/11)! The Library should reward her as a featured performer in one of the concerts in its sexy rotunda, and let us all have a taste of that wild Honey!David Landazuri, Knight Library, U